Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday!

My UN-Happy Birthday!!


A pretty miserable day for all of us! Poor Gager wasn't loving his molar that's coming in, which was giving him some pretty nasty little fevers too!  I tried so desperately to get happy photos, and now, it's just funny to me and I wish I would have gotten more of the sad faces, as they were a PLENTY! 


To start us off, we made Gage my family's famous birthday breakfast: Flapjacks with ice cream (not in bed, since I'm not sure how that works exactly at this age haha)!! YUM! Unfortunately, the only thing Gage was even slightly interested in was the candle.
Oh well, Ty and I enjoyed his pancakes and ice cream for him.



                              The candle might be interesting, but not enough to elicit a smile.



Look at his cute little flapjacks daddy made! Mommy enjoyed them!

After a bout of crying commenced, he ended up here....thank heaven!!



That evening, we attempted to do his birthday cake, which (patting myself on the back) was tasty!  I made a huge chocolate cupcake with oreos pressed into the edge and chunks of symphony bar in the middle, as well as substituting the water for chocolate pudding (amazing)!! And then the frosting was made of a very light, whipped cream cheese frosting with oreo crumbles! And then everything you see on top!  It was fabulous, I'm drooling just typing this up!  Yeah, wish Gage cared at ALL!  The only photos we got of him "eating" it, are the ones that Ty tried to stuff it in so he would maybe get a taste and change his mind....nope, but we got decent pics anyway...again, in retrospect, the truth, the crying, pouty face photos would have been funnier!


This was entertaining....momentarily.




Again, very intrigued by the candle!


And, the pouty face begins...again.

"Mom, you got to be kidding me!  All I want is the drugs."

 Hahaha, this makes me laugh so hard now; Ty kept trying and trying to get him to take a bite so I could get a photo.  Well, this looks pretty decent, however posed it may have been!

Playing with it was also momentarily entertaining.

And the tears are working their way back.

Daddy's a genius, and whips out a balloon!!



And here are his presents, at 6:30pm, and Gage is in bed SOOO not interested!!


We're having a "do-over party" in a couple weeks with his buddies which will also serve as a halloween party!  Hopefully, he'll have much more fun! 

I can't believe my baby is ONE!!!

8 comments:

McAnally Family said...

AWWWW he is so cute!!! when are you goin to be movin back to Tacoma?

Georganne said...

Oh goodness -- I LOVE these pictures! He is so stinking cute. Seriously, what a cutie pie.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe he is one already either man does time fly by!!!

The Jensen's said...

Happy birthday Gage!!! And man, teeth are rough!! Good luck with those little man. Loved the pics.

Camille and Paul said...

HA HA!!! I think you got great pictures! It seems like the actual birth DAY can be a rough one although we hope for everything to go so perfect. I think you captured some great pictures! He is so cute. Please keep the pictures coming, I am glad that you are trying to catch up. I have been thinking about you a lot lately, so it is nice to see what has been going on around your house molars and all!

And random side note: I ran into your friend Stevie in Fairview down at our cabin. She actually recognized me as your old roommate! CRAZY! :) Call me soon.

Britt's Blog said...

Love the post! So sad that he wasn't happy for his birthday. that's the worst! We sure loved having you guys here...thanks Ty for letting us borrow your family for the week.

It's Me...shell said...

I love how much of a fatty he is. You did a great job on his cake of cup though. Cute day, too bad he was grumpy and not feeling well

Ann Armenta said...

Awww he is so cute! Happy Belated Birthday little man!