Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hmm...and stuff

This was after a military reception...I was supposed to be in prom attire...I think the basket ball belly was excuse enough to be exempt from that request...so, I was slightly under-dressed but that didn't stop me from meeting tons of people, one of which lead me to having my first encounter with a request from a stranger to touch my belly...that is not normal!
I said, "Uh...ok..."
People! Listen up, even though I'm sharing my body right now, I'm NOT sharing it with EVERYONE...just this little alien who happens to share my blood too, so new rule:
YOU DON'T SHARE MY BLOOD, YOU DON'T TOUCH MY BODY!
(ok, but if you're in-laws or BFF, we'll say you share my blood)

Just doin' what we do best....DORKIN' AROUND!

13 comments:

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

I hate it when people think it's ok to pat your tummy! Uhhh

Marissa said...

I agree with you on the tummy touching! I hate it!

Britt's Blog said...

Cass and Ty, you both looked so beautiful for the ball!

Miss Morgan said...

I like your motto of sharing blood. A good rule of thumb in life. I just love you!

Tammy said...

Yeah someone asking to touch your tummy...that's awkward. Luckily, I never had to deal with that while pregnant.

Shaun - Jillian said...

So where are you moving to when you leave Oklahoma?

Cassia said...

We'll be headed to Seattle Washington...they're are a bunch of liberals up there so, not as likely to touch other people's bodies, right??

Thanks for reading guys!

Hoenes Family said...

You are such a crack up. That was nice of you to let random person #1 touch your belly. Just wait until they don't even ask. That is real fun.

Cassia said...

Ha ha Kali! I knew I wasn't the only one up so late (ok, it's an hour later here, so I'm pathetic) blog surfin! I'm totally addicted these days!

Camille said...

That story was really strange, and I must admit I skipped the last paragraph or so. You look cute with your little belly! And, I love the braid hairdo...I am glad you stuck with it! ;)

Cassia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Big Sister said...

Yeah, at least the person ASKED to touch your belly-- I think people thing pregnant bellies are like Budda and they need to touch it for good luck...seriously haven't they ever heard of "personal space"
Now they all want to touch my BABY...total strangers! Seriously people- if you want to touch a pregnant belly or a baby- GO GET PREGNANT and leave mine (and Cassia's) ALONE ;)
and I loved your story- great stuff!

Cassia said...

Thanks Leesh, and AMEN! But to be fair, your little girl is so beautiful, people just can't help themselves!
I think Ty is convinced my belly IS the budda, he rubs it every morning before work (whether I'm awake or not!)Mostly, I think it's pretty adorable...and who knows, maybe it does bring good luck??