Monday, March 30, 2009

Um...so I guess I've "popped!"

So, 1 and a half weeks ago, I thought I was huge....


But then suddenly, LESS than 2 weeks later here I am!
And so, today I was thrilled when a cute lady at the store asked me how far along I was! People stare at my belly all of the time, but this is the first time a complete stranger has asked, YAY!
Now maybe I don't have to get a t-shirt that says, 
"Not JUST fat; pregnant"

Ok, but the kicker is this...before I could answer the lady about my due date, she added,
"You've got to be, what, 5 or 6 months along right?"

My first instinct was to say yes and walk away....but instead, I said,
"You'd think so, but I'm 15 weeks...3 1/2 months..."

You should have seen the look on her face! I should have gone with my first instict!

SO, the moral of my story is...
the next time someone asks me when I'm due, I'll say "Tomorrow." Then, for now anyway, I'll get such nice compliments; 
"Oh, you look fantastic!" "That's amazing! I wouldn't have guessed farther than 6 months!"  And I'll say, 
"I know, I'm so lucky I'm not one of those really MASSIVE FAT pregnant women who look like they're 6 months when they're really 3, can you imagine?"

12 comments:

Cody and Meg said...

Hey Cassia! I love when people find me! I'm guessing from Aubrey??? I can't believe you almost have two kids! Good for you! By the way we live in Palo Alto California.

Cassia said...

Oh, yeah, Aubrey is my social life line! :) It was so fun seeing all your photos! You're still as beautiful as always! You guys look like you're having so much fun. California, I'm very jealous!

Hoenes Family said...

You look adorable! I am afraid to tell you, the comments most likely won't stop. I am just preparing you is all :) I was ready to throw a lady through 99 cent store window for insisting that I was having twins when I had already told her I was not. You should go look at my September and October posts on my blog. Concerning being pregnant. I think you would enjoy them! I will have to tell you all my millions of stories sometime. I still get bugged thinking about all the nervy people I encountered when I was pregnant with Brooke.

Cassia Leigh said...

Ha ha ha, that's so funny Kals! I'm going to check your old blogs right now!

The moral of my story is, next time someone asks me when I'm due, I'll say "Tomorrow." Then, for now anyway, I'll get such nice compliments; "Oh, you look fantastic! That's amazing! I wouldn't have guessed farther than 6 months!" And I'll say, "I know, I'm so lucky I'm not one of those really MASSIVE FAT pregnant women who look like they're 6 months when they're really 3, can you imagine?"

(ps: I'm adding that to the post! :)

leah said...

You are so stinkin' cute! I love the baby belly, you look fabulous! Can't wait to see you guys the end of April.

Cassia said...

3 more weeks baby!! I'm dying to get the frick out of Dodge!! I can't wait to meet Lana!!

Miss Morgan said...

You should have asked that lady "when she was due" or say something "excuse me, I am growing a baby, what is your excuse" I think it is super cute and you are not massive! Love your face!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute!!! I love pregnant bellies!!! And to be honest I was about that size when I was 15 weeks too : )

Britt's Blog said...

Well, I never got a belly...just massively FAT FAT FAT! Like 2 weeks before I had Dillon, I was wearing a shirt that said, "baby factory" and some girl was like, "so, are you really pregnant? Or are you just wearing a weird shirt?" Holy MUTHER!!! I am due in 2 weeks! So, be grateful Cass, that you look pregnant! All my love little sis, Britty

Marissa said...

Hey, cute belly thats for sure. I wish mine was as cute, but its not. I saw that you guys are in Oklahoma, we live in the houston Tx area so if you ever want to get together or you want a vacation come visit me.

Georganne said...

Oh my goodness -- you are hilarious. And its so funny because its true. Lets be best friends next time I get pregnant. No one else understands. :)

Cassia said...

Agreed Georgeanne! We WILL be BFF!