Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Hot Lieutenant and Me at the Ball

Military balls...minus the fact that we don't drink and that I was thoroughly under-dressed and over-sized (since prom dresses don't generally come in size PREGNANT!) are pretty decent. It is especially fun however enjoying everyone else who IS drunk!

If you're wondering about Ty's black eye, well, he got into a tussle with a guy who tried to make a pass at me. Ha ha ha, you didn't actually believe that did you? I'm freaking HUGE, but that would be funny. No, he got it playing "scouts" (as my mom would say about anything dealing with the military) doing combatives.

Question: If a person drinks human blood, wouldn't you say that's more than slightly cannibalistic?

At the ball they have a "grog" all the guys are supposed to drink, I suppose sort of as an initiation thing. The majority of the drink consists of all sorts of hard liquors and beer mixed with random things which included Dirt, MOTOR OIL and HUMAN BLOOD! We were both relieved Ty wouldn't have to drink it due to religious beliefs, but more importantly to me right now, I'm glad I didn't have to see anyone drink it up close due to pregnancy related nausea!


Ok, quick update; We are currently up in Tacoma, Washington and LOVING it! It is unbelievably gorgeous up here and such a huge relief from Oklahoma!! Ty deploys to Iraq August 3rd, Baby Gage is due Sept. 26th, and no, sadly Ty will not be back for the birth. Boo Hiss! I will be back in Utah while he's deployed playing the single-mom role. So, that's the gist for now, but I'll keep posting so stay tuned. :)

8 comments:

leah said...

Yay, I'm so happy you posted. I want to see what is going on with you guys. I'm glad WA is agreeing with you better than OK did. We can't wait to come up and visit. Hey, we need some pics of you - see how the tummy is progressing and all that!

Hoenes Family said...

I have been wondering about you! You look beautimus. I want to see belly pictures! I am so sad that Ty won't be there for the birth. I am glad however, that you have family to help you out.

Britt's Blog said...

the black eye is studly! Cass you looked beautiful. We can't wait to come up and see you guys and hand out for a whopping 9ish days! Loved the picture of Wa!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

It has been a while Cass! I am so glad to hear an update. You guys look great. I am sorry about the deployment. That sounds SO hard. I get sad when Derek has to leave on business trips for a week at a time. Will you be having the baby in Utah then? If so, I will have to come see you and the cutie!

Bobbie Jo said...

I love that picture of you guys at the Ball. you look gorgious! I love reading your blog it makes me laugh. i miss ya and can't wait to see you again.

Miss Morgan said...

I can't wait to have my best friend back! I just love your freakin face!

Camille and Paul said...

Hey crazy girl! I am excited to see you and glad that you are having a great time in Washington. I saw an article in parenting magazine that made me think of you. It was of a military mom that blows up pictures of her husband to 5x7's, laminates them, and then lets the baby chew, play, and stare at pictures of his daddy. I thought it was such a cute idea. (especially for when the get a little more active and love to look at pictures and chew on everything.) Love ya!

Anne said...

I love your blog. Geez we miss you guys! So we better see you lots in Logan and lots when Ty gets back. Keep having lots of fun and post all about it so I can read about it.