Friday, March 27, 2009

Our European Adventure...Summer of 08'


Posting pictures of travelling is like peeing on yourself; Yes everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.  Sorry I can't share the warmth.


(From Ty)

Our trip to Europe was all that I thought it would be - spiritually enlightening, gastricly entertaining, and with countless opportunities to meet and enjoy new people.  We wandered the streets of Paris, and climbed the Swiss Alps near Annecy.  We struggled to learn French, and enjoyed ourselves as we experienced another culture like we never had before.  This opportunity to travel in Europe was an eye opener, a beginning, a view of the life that we want to share together as a family.  We grew to appreciate more fully the French - with all their perceived foibles and idiosyncrasies.  We simply enjoyed our time. What a trip!

(From Cass)

I'm still working on putting together the album, but here it is...thus far.  Aside from the Album cover and the "title page" (the first two pages), the album is set up in 2 page spreads.  You should be able to click on an image to enlarge it in a new window.

I shot the photos, and Ty wrote the commentary; it is so fun to go back and re-live the experience and now share it with you! Hope you enjoy; Ty is such an entertaining writer!




















6 comments:

Roeckers said...

Nice work! Love the photos! Love the photo journalistic eye you have for things.

Cassia said...

Wow thanks!!

Kiz Fam said...

Cassia hey! First of all congratulationsn on the pregnancy!!!!!! I'm so excited and happy for you. And way to go on figuring it all out! You have totally done your research and more and targeted what you had to, impressive. Secondly, amazing weight loss stories from your family. Way to go! You'll have to pass along the little secrets along the way...we could all use a little more "healthy" in our lives right! It was so good to hear from you, thanks for your kind comment. Wish you the best with baby. woo-hoo!

Cindee said...

Umm...wow? I wish even half my pictures from France looked so good. Now I'm going to want to know what program you used to create this and what kind of a camera you used to take the pics! I'm thinking about a tentative step into photography, only I'm rather like the equivalent of a child with a disposable camera when it comes to my ability!

Cassia said...

Thanks Cheezer! It's so fun seeing your little family and cute you guys are! Send me and email and I'll pass along anything you like! (cassiadenton@gmail.com)
And Cindy, I used photoshop for the album pages, blub.com to print it (I love the way they print their books!!) and a Nikon D200 to shoot most of the photos; although, a lot were shot with my little cannon digital elph since carrying around a big camera isn't always fun. I'm all about Nikon for my pro cameras, and Cannon for my point and shoots!

Camille said...

Woah. Can you scrapbook for me? That thing looks amazing. What program did you use to do that and can you teach me?